Services and Programs
Clinical services are supervised by speech-language pathologists who hold a professional license from the state of Illinois and the certificate of clinical competence in speech-language pathology and/or audiology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Saint Xavier University students who are preparing for careers in communication disorders conduct the diagnostic evaluations and treatment sessions.
- Two 12-week programs offered in the fall and spring of each year
- Specially designed summer programs
- Group or individual treatment according to the needs of the client
- Treatment sessions scheduled throughout the day from early morning to early evening
- Diagnostic evaluations available prior to each program (including summer) and on a limited basis throughout the year
- Parent support groups for infants and toddlers with severe language delay
Schedule of Fees
|Diagnostic evaluation of speech and language||$250.00|
|Individual speech and language therapy
($45.00 per hour; one hour weekly for 12 weeks)
|Group speech and language therapy
($30.00 per hour; one hour weekly for 12 weeks/summer sessions)
|Saint Xavier University students
(Fee per semester)
|September to December||(12 weeks)|
|January to May||(12 weeks)|
|Summer, June /July||(12 sessions)|
Six week program, two times per week (Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday) in June and July.
- New clients are required to have a diagnostic evaluation of speech and language performed at this facility prior to scheduling a therapy program. All subsequent testing at this clinic will be provided at no charge.
- Groups are normally 2 or 3 persons. Speech-language clinicians will make recommendations as to type and frequency of clinical sessions.
- When two children in a family are enrolled in the clinic simultaneously, the second child will receive a 50 percent discount.
- In cases of serious need, financial assistance may be arranged. Services will not be denied to anyone on the basis of inability to pay. This can take place only after appropriate documentation is provided.
- The Ludden Speech and Language Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national or ethnic origin, religion or disability.