Communication Sciences and Disorders Learning Outcomes
Saint Xavier University is dedicated to providing top-quality education that is intentionally designed to develop your skills and expertise as you prepare for the next step in your education or career. The learning outcomes reflect the specific competencies that you will gain from our communication sciences and disorders program, while the curriculum map portrays how these competencies will shape and prepare you for the real world.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the principles of biological and physical sciences as they apply to the development of speech, language, hearing and swallowing processes.
- Students will examine basic human communication and swallowing processes and their normal development.
- Students will analyze certain speech and language disorders and how these may warrant clinical intervention.
- Students will interpret and evaluate contemporary professional issues and current research in the field of speech-language pathology.
- Students will demonstrate competence in critical thinking and in oral and written language skills.
If you would like to learn more about what you can expect from the program, please review the Communication Science and Disorders Curriculum Map (PDF).