Math Club 2013
The purpose of the organization shall be:
- to promote an interest and an awareness of mathematics throughout the SXU community.
- to provide a social and intellectual environment to all students interested in mathematics.
- to engage in extra-curricular mathematical-related activities.
- to expose students to interesting topics in mathematics that they would not normally encounter in the classroom.
- to invite guests to speak to the club on mathematics topics and career options in math.
The 2013 Math Club Officers
- President: Tyler Murray
- Vice President: Jenna Marvin
- Secretary: Emily Myren
- Treasurer: Danielle Zalesny
- Advisor: Dr. Mojiri
Activities for 2013
- Math Movies
- Calculus competition
- Study Groups
- A fun environment for problem solving
- Puzzles/math games
- Pizza/snack parties
- Access to math software, textbooks, and magazines
Please note that Math Club meetings are open to all SXU students, and meetings are bi-weekly. Members are encouraged to suggest and/or organize activities. Please contact any of the Math Club Officers with your ideas or questions.
For more information, please refer to the Math Club Constitution (PDF).