ARchimedeans Math Club
About the Archimedeans
Math Club meetings are open to all SXU students and meetings are bi-weekly. Members are encouraged to suggest and/or organize activities. Please contact any of the Math Club Officers with your ideas or questions.
According to the Math Club Constitution (PDF), the purpose of the organization shall be:
- to promote an interest and an awareness of mathematics throughout the SXU community.
- to provide a social and intellectual environment to all students interested in mathematics.
- to engage in extra-curricular mathematical-related activities.
- to expose students to interesting topics in mathematics that they would not normally encounter in the classroom.
- to invite guests to speak to the club on mathematics topics and career options in math.
The 2014-2015 Math Club Officers
- President: Alexander Zabawa
- Vice President: Courtney Correa
- Secretary: Mahmoud Othman
- Treasurer: Tiana Johnson
- Advisors: Dr. Mojiri, Dr. Murawska and Dr. Schreck
Activities for the Academic Year
- Math Movies
- Calculus competition
- Study Groups
- A fun environment for problem solving
- Puzzles/math games
- Pizza/snack parties
- Access to math software, textbooks and magazines