Music Honors Recital
In the spring term of each academic year, the chair of the Music Department requests that professors in each of the applied areas (voice, piano, guitar and all band/orchestra instruments) submit the names of outstanding performers in their studios. These recommended students then compete for a performing space on the annual Honors Recital. The Music Department faculty members audition the students and only the top performers are selected to appear in this recital.
The 2013 Honors Recital commenced on Friday, April 5. Performers included (from left to right):
- Jason Niehoff, junior harpsichord performance major, playing J.S. Bach's Prelude and Fugue in C minor, WTC Book 1
- Errol Olson, junior tuba bachelor of arts major, playing Gordon Jacob's Suite for Tuba
- Nicole Henderson, junior voice double major in education and performance, singing Four Melodies by Gabriele Fauré, including Au bord de l'eau, Mandoline, Apres un Reve and Fleur jetee
- Mary Kavanaugh, senior flute music education major, playing Paul Hindemith's Sonate for Flute
- Christine Otrembiak, senior flute music education major, playing Francis Poulenc's Sonata for Flute