Learning Behavior Specialist I Endorsement
Becoming a special educator does not require an additional degree. As a licensed teacher, you can obtain one of the hundreds of special education positions with Saint Xavier University's LBS 1 Endorsement program!
The three courses* are taught by expert faculty and are offered online, hybrid and face-to-face to best suit your working schedule. These courses cover topics including: characteristics of students with disabilities, diagnosis assessment for educational decision-making and methods of teaching students with disabilities.
Through this program, you will learn how to:
- Recognize the characteristics of any disability that qualifies a student for special education.
- Assess what a student already knows and what the student is ready to learn next.
- Face the challenges to learning that may be present for students with disabilities.
- Effectively provide instruction to students with a wide range of learning abilities.
- Monitor progress and redesign instruction to best meet the needs of your students.
*Note: This program requires four courses (Illinois State Board of Education). However, you have likely earned credit for the fourth course, EDU 323/EDGSP 413: Survey of Students with Exceptionalities in your initial teacher licensure. SXU will evaluate your transcript to verify completion of this course.
The Learning Behavior Specialist (LBS I) endorsement prepares teachers who already hold an Illinois PEL (Professional Educator License) to teach students with disabilities. This endorsement is designed for pre-K-12 teachers but will be limited to the grade level of your existing PEL.
For more information about the LBS 1 Endorsement, contact Meg Carroll, Ed.D., at email@example.com.
Please visit Admission's Apply Now page to find the appropriate application or request more information. For more information, please contact the Graduate Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-298-3053.
Request Information for Graduate Education
Want to know more about the College of Arts and Sciences' graduate education programs at Saint Xavier University? Please fill out the form below!