Non-SXU Sponsored Study Abroad Programs
SXU students can participate in programs offered through other U.S. institutions and study abroad program providers. The program is billed similar to a semester at SXU (tuition, room and board) and most federal, state and institutional (merit awards and need based grants) financial aid applies. If resident academic credit is awarded, students are allowed to fulfill general education and/or major requirements abroad.
Contact Colleen O'Hara in the Center for International Education office for program recommendations and to discuss the application process.
- Programs must be through an accredited U.S. or foreign institution.
- Programs must be pre-approved for academic credit.
- SXU academic credit and financial aid cannot be applied to programs where a U.S. State Department Travel Warning is in effect.
- Students who plan on studying abroad must be a full-time, matriculated student at Saint Xavier University.
- Students must be in good standing at Saint Xavier University.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 to study abroad. Some sites may require a higher GPA, as determined by the program provider.
Eligibility Requirements for Semester Abroad Programs Only
- Students must be sophomores or above at the time of program departure (students must have earned a minimum of 30 SXU credit hours to participate). Some programs may require junior standing as a minimum.