Sylvia M. Schlunk Award
The Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science are accepting applications for the Sylvia M. Schlunk Award to be awarded to a student of one of these departments who has demonstrated interest and ability in mathematics and/or computer science. The $1,000 award is given annually and can be applied toward tuition, fees, room and board, or living expenses. The award may also be used as reimbursement of tuition for a summer course.
Students wishing to apply must have:
- A declared major in Mathematics, Mathematics with Secondary Education, Computer Science or Computer Studies and must have completed 75 hours toward graduation by the end of the current semester.
- Mathematics, Mathematics with Secondary Education, or Computer Science majors must have completed a minimum of 27 semester hours in the major by the end of the current semester.
- Computer Studies majors must have completed 24 hours in the major by the end of the current semester.
- Transfer students must have completed or have in progress 12 semester hours in the major at Saint Xavier.
- Seniors who are completing their final semester in Fall 2015 enrolled in at least 6 semester hours may also apply.
Please download and print the application (PDF). Completed applications must be received in the Department Office (N-302) by 12:00 p.m. (Noon), Friday, February 27, 2015.
The application includes a question, which requires a 2-3 page response written by the applicant. This year's question is:
- How do you think your experiences at SXU will influence your professional goals and values in your chosen field?
Announcement of the recipient will be made at the School of Arts and Sciences Honors Convocation.