Catholic High School Scholarship Competition
Now in its fourth year, Saint Xavier University is proud to announce the Catholic High School Scholarship Competition. This competition seeks to reward Catholic high school seniors who can articulate in a written essay, the implications of a Catholic university education on their college experience.
We invite all current seniors attending Catholic high schools to compete for a select number of scholarships, ranging in amounts up to $3,000. Any Catholic High School Scholarships will be added to any merit-based scholarship already awarded at the time of admission. (Scholarship amounts cannot exceed total cost of attendance. Catholic High School Scholarships cannot be awarded to students receiving athletic scholarships.)
Scholarship Application Procedure
Students interested in applying for a scholarship must be admitted freshmen for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Attend a Catholic high school or show proof of recent graduation from a Catholic high school.
- Gain admission to Saint Xavier as a first-year student for fall 2014.
- Submit an online application by Friday, Feb. 14, 2014, including an essay addressing the following statement:
- The following is the mission statement of Saint Xavier University: Saint Xavier University, a Catholic institution inspired by the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy, educates men and women to search for truth, to think critically, to communicate effectively, and to serve wisely and compassionately in support of human dignity and the common good.
- Please write an essay (a minimum of 500 words) in which you reflect on your Catholic high school education. Please discuss a specific experience in which you supported the values of "human dignity and the common good," what the experience taught you and how it will shape your future at Saint Xavier University.
Apply online. Deadline for submissions: Feb. 14, 2014.
Scholarship recipients will be notified in early March.