Transfer Agreements Between Saint Xavier University and Moraine Valley Community College
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
Saint Xavier University will accept students from Moraine Valley Community College who have earned associate of applied science (AAS) degree in criminal justice as students who have reached junior standing and have completed the general education requirements of Saint Xavier University with the following exceptions:
- One 3 credit-hour course in philosophy (Phil 140) and one 3 credit-hour course in religious studies to be taken at Saint Xavier University.
- For School of Continuing and Professional Studies students (age 23 years or older),
6 additional credit hours are required:
- Foundation seminar
- Senior seminar
- For traditional-aged students in the College of Arts and Sciences, 6 additional credit
hours are required:
- One 3 credit-hour course in mathematics
- One 3 credit-hour course in humanities (fine arts and literature or history).
- No grade of D or less will be accepted as part of the requirement for a major in criminal justice.
- Transferable courses must be at a post-secondary level.
For more information on either agreement, please contact the Office of Admission at Saint Xavier University at 773-298-3050 or an academic advisor at Moraine Valley Community College at 708-974-5721.