Residence Life of Saint Xavier University provides the University student with a multitude of opportunities for personal, social, and intellectual growth.
In an effort to enhance the experience of community living, the Residence Life Staff strives to create an environment, which facilitates healthy living, academic advancement, and social interaction.
- To involve all students in a positive learning environment.
- To develop a sense of community within the residence hall through mutual respect and group responsibility.
- To offer individual support, advising, and/or referral assistance.
- To stimulate personal growth through leadership experiences, challenges to peer pressure, and examination of values.
- To assist students in developing social and recreational outlets by establishing constructive ways to use leisure time.
- To personalize the student's University experience by promoting informal contacts with the University services, programs, policies, and procedures.
- To raise the level of educational and cultural awareness of students, to provide assistance in the learning process, and to offer opportunities for exploring academic and vocational interests.