Mission and Goals
The Counseling Center is dedicated to providing a holistic, student-centered environment which encourages personal growth and well-being in keeping with the mission of Saint Xavier University. We foster a transformative process of self-discovery through wellness, balance and growth designed to help students reach their personal and academic potential and goals.
These goals are accomplished through the following services:
- Confidential personal and group counseling by licensed counselors
- Comprehensive Alcohol and Other Drug Education Program (AODEP)
- Mental Health Screening Days for depression and anxiety
- Consultation with faculty and staff regarding campus mental health/behavioral issues.
- Trainings for professional staff and student leaders including resident assistants, peer ministers, etc.
- Classroom psycho-educational workshops and presentations
- Engaging in SXU community educational outreach programs
- Crisis Intervention
- Educating faculty and staff on how to respond to distressed students
- Collaboration with the larger SXU community regarding supporting veterans
- Appropriate participation in the Conduct System
- Active participation on the Care Team
To make an appointment with a counselor, click the link below and submit a request for services.
If this is an emergency, please call 911 or 3911 on campus.