Tickets, Seating and Special Accommodations
All guests of graduates are required to have tickets for admission to the ceremony. Graduating students are to claim their allotted tickets at regalia distribution.
- The number of tickets will be determined after October 15, 2014 (deadline to petition for May 2015). Graduates themselves do not need tickets.
- Several hundred graduates are expected to participate in the upcoming ceremony. The ticket calculation is purely based upon the size of the graduating class, in conjunction with the capacity of the arena.
- Tickets may be forfeited if not claimed at regalia distribution. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- Seating in the Shannon Center main arena is general admission.
- Doors will open one hour prior to the ceremony.
- Latecomers will be seated at the commencement staff's discretion.
- Children age four and under do not need tickets provided they can sit on an adult's lap for the duration of the ceremony.
- Strollers are not allowed in the arena.
- Air horns, large banners and other distracting items are prohibited in the ceremony arena and may be confiscated.
Handicap Access/Special Accommodations
- A handicapped-parking area will be available near the Shannon Center south entrance (facing 103rd Street).
- Vehicles parked in this area must have an appropriate handicap parking permit/license plate.
- Persons who are physically challenged may be dropped off in front of the Shannon Center entrance.
- Public Safety personnel will be on hand to help direct.
- Sign language interpreters are available upon request for any Commencement ceremony. Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (773) 298-3867. All requests must be submitted at least 30 days in advance.
- A designated seating area on the main floor of the Shannon Center arena, behind the graduate seating section, will be available for guests who are unable to walk up to the regular grandstand seats.
- One ticketed guest may accompany the disabled individual seated in this area. All ceremony guests must have a ticket.
- Graduates who have a physical disability that may affect their participation in the ceremony should e-mail email@example.com or leave a message at (773) 298-3867.