Cougar 5K Run/Walk Race Day Information
Running through a fast, flat and paved course through Evergreen Park, the course begins and ends at Saint Xavier University's campus. The course is certified by the USATF (#IL-05052-JW). Split times at the mile markers.
Course Map (PDF)
No dogs, rollerblades, bicycles or skateboards allowed.
Strollers permitted at the back of the pack.
Parking will be available in Lot 1. Please enter at 103rd St. and Hamlin Ave. Lot 1 is located on the south and west sides of the Shannon Center. This parking lot fills up quickly. There is alternate parking available in Lot 14 located on 103rd St. and Pulaski Avenue (south of CVS). There is also residential street parking close to campus.
- Via the Tri-State (I-294) Southbound: Exit East on 95th Street (17 mile marker). Drive East on 95th to Pulaski Avenue (approximately 5 miles East of the Tri-State). Turn right (South) on Pulaski and drive 1 mile to 103rd. Turn left and Saint Xavier is 2 blocks ahead on the left.
- Via the Tri-State (I-294) Northbound: Exit North on Cicero Avenue (12 mile marker). Drive North on Cicero to 103rd Street (20 blocks). Turn right (East) on 103rd. Saint Xavier is approximately 1.5 miles ahead on the left.
- From the loop: Drive South on the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-94) to 95th Street where I-94 (to Indiana) and I-57 (to Memphis) split. Stay to the right and take I-57 to the second exit (#357) (Halsted Street). Proceed straight across Halsted, bearing right until 99th Street which curves to the right. Stay on 99th for 3.5 miles until Central Park. Turn left on Central Park and turn right after 1.5 blocks onto campus.
- From I-57 (Northbound): Take the Monterey Avenue/111th Street exit (#355) and turn left (West). Stay on Monterey, which eventually becomes 111th. Continue on 111th to Kedzie Avenue and turn right (North). Follow Kedzie to 103rd Street. Turn left (West) on 103rd. Saint Xavier is 5 blocks ahead on the right.
- Via I-80 Eastbound or Westbound: Take the Tri-State (I-294) North (exit #155). See directions for the Tri-State Northbound.
- Via I-55 Northbound: Take the Tri-State (I-294) South to Indiana (exit 278). See directions for Tri-State Southbound.
- Via I-55 Southbound: Exit South on Pulaski Avenue (exit 287). Continue south on Pulaski to 103rd Street. Turn left (East) on 103rd. Saint Xavier is 2 blocks ahead on the left.
B-Tag Timing System
The Cougar 5K will be utilizing the B-tag timing system. B-tags are disposable timing chips located on the race bib. B-tags are more convenient and easier for runners to use. Just wear your race bib on the front of your shirt and you will be timed. B-tags provide very accurate timing results.
Complimentary fruit and coffee provided by Country House, Aquafina water, Barraco's pizza, Jimmy John's cookies, Culver's custard and Calabria sandwiches all free for particpants. A sponsor will also be on-site with stretching and information.
Restrooms and gear check are located in the Shannon Center. There are a few port-a-johns available near the Start/Finish area.
Free flu shots on-site (with insurance card) provided by the Saint Xavier University Health Center near the finish line.
A first aid station and blood pressures can be taken at the race, both provided by Saint Xavier University's School of Nursing. A Trace ALS Ambulance will also be on-site near the finish line.