Laurie M. Joyner, Ph.D. assumed the role as President in 2017, initiating a strategy of positive change and service excellence for the Saint Xavier community alongside the Board of Trustees. Under the guidance of Dr. Joyner and the Board, Saint Xavier is a university on the rise and a valued leader in the Chicago community -- one oriented toward cultivating the best in its students, who will serve as agents for positive change after graduation.
Below is a list of key initiatives and projects undertaken by Dr. Joyner to promote Saint Xavier as the affordable Catholic university in Chicago that is invested in educating students to contribute to the greater good.
- Serving the Underserved: Saint Xavier University a Midwest Leader in Catholic Higher Education (PDF)
- National Inclusive Excellence Leadership Academy - Participant
- Chicago Archdiocese, Archdiocesan School Board - Board Member
- Game Changers: Latinos in Sports and Entertainment, with the Chicago White Sox - Featured Speaker
- Associated Colleges of Illinois Diversity and Inclusion Forum - Featured Speaker