Service Obstacle System
The Service Obstacle System (SOS) at Saint Xavier is an online problem-resolution system designed for campus community members to identify obstacles that impede our ability to provide excellent service on campus that is responsive, collaborative, effective and respectful.
What the Service Obstacle System is not:
It is not a complaint box for Saint Xavier employees to report minor problems they may be experiencing. The SOS is a medium for bringing attention to issues that are larger in scope and may affect more than one person from providing excellent service. The SOS is an online form where University members can submit obstacles that affect University-wide service issues. The SOS form is NOT for technical or facilities requests.
Service Obstacle Examples
- "We have no formal system to raise issues about classroom assignments relative to how we teach the course (either before the class starts or after we are in the room). Another issue is there is no clear way to arrange the logistics for class-sponsored trips (local--like to a theater)."
"The student worker hiring process is challenging. While we manage the interviewing processes, the paperwork trail gets difficult to follow once we make a decision to hire a student worker and do not know if they were approved to work or if they have paperwork missing."
How to Submit a Service Obstacle
Help us address issues and concerns that are impeding our ability to meet our service excellence standards. Submit a service obstacle by filling out the online form.
When completing the form be sure to:
- Include at least one example of the obstacle and be as specific as possible.
- Describe the impact on the student experience and/or your ability to provide excellent service to the student.
- Include which department(s) might be involved in helping to resolve the obstacle.
- Include any recommendations for solving the issue.
- Let us know if any action has already been taken in an attempt to mitigate the obstacle.
*Please Note: When submitting an obstacle, please know that your name and email will only be used to communicate progress on your service obstacle with you and will not be communicated to any third party without your permission.
Service Obstacle System Feedback
Please help us improve the Service Obstacle System by providing us feedback. Submit Feedback via email to email@example.com.