Student Media Summer Camp
In response to coronavirus (COVID-19), our Student Media Sumemr Camp is rescheduled keep everyone safe and healthy.
Monday through Friday, August 3-7, 2020 (New Date)
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day
Campus Media Center (CMC 107)
Saint Xavier University
3700 W. 103rd Street
Chicago, IL 60655
Attend the Student Media Summer Camp for Radio Broadcasting at Saint Xavier University! Open to incoming high school freshmen through graduating seniors. Students will program their own radio broadcasts!
- Camp is open to all incoming high school freshman through graduating seniors.
- Students will program their own radio broadcasts.
- They will have full access to WXAV offices and equipment.
- They will participate in sessions with media industry professionals, along with Saint Xavier University communication professors, staff and students.
- After participating in the SXU Student Media Summer Camp, students will be able to:
- Describe and identify broadcasting terminology
- Develop broadcasting skills
- Identify ethical concerns in broadcasting
- Produce original work in broadcasting
Please note that the Campus Media Center is located in parking lot 5, next to Public Safety. View our Campus Map for parking lot and building locations.
Since 2003, WXAV 88.3FM has won more than two dozen Illinois Broadcasting Association Student Silverdome Awards, including 1st Place in Best Radio Live Game Sports Broadcast in 2012 and 2nd place for Best Radio Series or Documentary for an episode of Veteran Matters. In 2010, WXAV was named as one of the 40 Best Low Wattage Radio Stations in the country by Paste magazine. WXAV was one of the first stations to participate in the annual and international College Radio Day in 2011. WXAV became affiliated with PRX, the Public Radio Exchange media company in 2013. WXAV has between 15,000 and 40,000 unique listeners online every month.
The cost of attending the camp is $150 per student. Students can dress casually and are asked to bring a bag lunch Monday through Thursday. Lunch will be provided on Friday.
Register by using the form below. Any questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Cancellations made 14 days prior to the camp start date will receive a refund less a 25% administrative fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations received less than 14 days prior to the camp start date. In the event the camp is canceled by SXU, a full refund will be provided. In order to request a refund, please send an email with the subject line "Refund Request" to firstname.lastname@example.org.