SXU Math Club
The 2019-2020 Math Club Officers
- President: Cody Busch
- Vice President: Giselle Palacios
- Secretary: David Villanueva
- Treasurer: Michal Szlachta
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Kristen Schreck
- Math Club Officers and members will meet twice a month during the academic year in the Math Club Office, Room L-312 on the Math Department floor. Meeting days and times will be announced via email. Everyone is welcome to attend!
Activities During the Academic Year
- Welcome back lunch with math faculty and students
- Exciting math talks with guest speakers
- ACCA Student Calculus Competition
- Annual Careers in Mathematics event with SXU math alumni
- Pi Day Celebrations
- Mathematics Visit Day for admitted SXU students
- Fun math social events
- Study groups
- Service and Outreach Opportunities
About the Math Club
Math Club meetings are open to all SXU students and meetings are weekly. Members are encouraged to suggest and/or organize activities. Please contact any of the Math Club officers with your ideas or questions.
According to the Math Club Constitution (PDF), the purpose of the organization shall be:
- to promote an interest and an awareness of mathematics throughout the SXU community.
- to provide a social and intellectual environment to all students interested in mathematics.
- to engage in extra-curricular mathematical-related activities.
- to expose students to interesting topics in mathematics that they would not normally encounter in the classroom.
- to invite guests to speak to the club on mathematics topics and career options in math.