Chemistry Learning Outcomes
Saint Xavier University is dedicated to providing top-quality education that is intentionally designed to develop your skills and expertise as you prepare for the next step in your education or career. The learning outcomes reflect the specific competencies that you will gain from our Chemistry program, while the curriculum map portrays how these competencies will shape and prepare you for the real world.
Upon completion of the Chemistry program, students will demonstrate:
- Mastery of fundamental chemistry concepts and principles.
- Proficiency in problem-solving skills and ability to exercise critical thinking skills in five basic areas of chemistry: inorganic, organic, physical, analytical and biochemistry.
- Competency in laboratory techniques for chemical synthesis and analysis, separation and identification of chemical components, and use of chemical instrumentation.
- Analysis of data/results using general and discipline-specific word and data processing.
- Efficiency in written and oral communication skills and collaborative skills in a scientific context.
- Proficiency in the comprehension and evaluation of scientific literature, including the analysis of experimental data provided.