Birth to Three FAQs
Have questions? We have answers! Read some of the Birth to Three Program's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Who Can Join?
This program is designed to support families with children under the age of three and to promote their academic success. Children who qualify for our program are identified through developmental screenings and parent interviews offered free by our program.
What is Included?
Our community-based activities encourage social interaction with children focusing on developmentally appropriate experiences. We practice the Baby TALK curriculum, which is a research-informed, evidence-based early intervention model, curriculum and approach. The program provides:
- Free developmental screenings for families of all communities
- One-hour interactive parent classes to observe/discuss your child's growth and development
- Monthly field trips to acquaint families with activities in the community
- Curriculum-based home visits, providing age-appropriate activities that support development and preschool readiness
- Parenting classes to discuss various topics, including: positive discipline, educational rights, developmental concerns and parenting techniques