ARchimedeans Math Club
About the Archimedeans
Math Club meetings are open to all SXU students and meetings are bi-weekly. Members are encouraged to suggest and/or organize activities. Please contact any of the Math Club Officers with your ideas or questions.
According to the Math Club Constitution (PDF), the purpose of the organization shall be:
- to promote an interest and an awareness of mathematics throughout the SXU community.
- to provide a social and intellectual environment to all students interested in mathematics.
- to engage in extra-curricular mathematical-related activities.
- to expose students to interesting topics in mathematics that they would not normally encounter in the classroom.
- to invite guests to speak to the club on mathematics topics and career options in math.
The 2015-2016 Math Club Officers
- President: Mahmoud Othman
- Vice President: Courtney Correa
- Secretary: Alex Mendoza
- Treasurer: Kenny Martinez
- Advisor: Dr. Schreck
|Pictured: Courtney Correa, Mahmoud Othman, Kenny Martinez, Alex Mendoza|
Activities for the Academic Year
- Math Game Day, Pi Day and Career Day
- Associated Colleges of the Chicago Area (ACCA) Calculus Competition. This team competition is administered annually at SXU and consists of problems from Calculus I through Multivariable Calculus
- A fun environment for solving math problems and puzzles
- Study groups, access to math software, textbooks and magazines
- End of the year Math Movie Night and pizza party