Psychology Learning Outcomes and Curriculum Map
Saint Xavier University is dedicated to providing top-quality education that is intentionally designed to develop your skills and expertise as you prepare for the next step in your education or career. The learning outcomes reflect the specific competencies that you will gain from our program, while the curriculum map portrays how these competencies will shape and prepare you for the real world.
Students who graduate with a major in psychology will gain the following skills and competencies:
- Knowledge in Psychology: Students will describe key concepts, principles and overarching themes in psychology.
- Scientific Inquiry and Critical Thinking: Students will demonstrate psychology information literacy; be able to interpret basic psychological research. Students will design and/or conduct basic elements of psychological research.
- Ethical and Social Responsibility in a Diverse World: Students will apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice.
- Communication: Students will demonstrate effective writing and presentation skills.
- Professional Development: Students will develop meaningful professional direction for life after graduation, specifically demonstrate career option awareness and build teamwork skills.