CPA Preparation Accounting Program
Any student planning a career in accounting should consider options for preparing to take the certified public accountant (CPA) exam.
In addition to completing the accounting program, students will need to complete 150 credit hours (30 more than the 120 hours required for graduation).
These additional credit hours may be at either the undergraduate or graduate level and may be in disciplines other than accounting.
- Pursue a career in accounting without a CPA, possibly with an alternative certification such as certified management accountant (CMA)
- Complete additional undergraduate hours (30 hours) in accounting related areas such as management information systems, computer science, economics or finance, including a possible double major
- Take the additional credits at the graduate level at Saint Xavier University and earn an MBA. These degrees require 36 credit hours, only 6 hours beyond the 150
- Take the additional credits at graduate level at Saint Xavier University and earn a certificate (FAI) or prepare for additional certification (CFA)
- Complete a graduate degree at another university, including law school or MBA program
There are many options available to you for meeting the 150 credit hour requirement. Faculty advisors are available to assist you in your decision process.