Health Administration Concentration
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in health administration is designed to provide you with a deep understanding of current U.S. health care reform issues now transforming all sectors of this industry.
Our primary goal is to transition graduate students into health care leaders who can effectively oversee team delivery of outstanding care across all outpatient, health system and community treatment centers. Across all graduate courses in this major, we develop leader competencies by directing your thinking from theory to actionable results using these instructional methods:
- Contemporary articles and media-rich presentations actively engage students to learn best practices that industry leaders implement to build success.
- We challenge students to develop complete plans where strategic concerns, process improvement and workforce-training needs are addressed to make optimal leadership decisions each day.
- Immersion into actual employer practice gives you experience in assisting organizations with updating strategic plans, performing market analysis, evaluating managed care contracts or refocusing goals to meet pediatric, adult and geriatric patient populations' health needs.
What skills will I gain as an MBA in Health Care Administration?
- Contemporary knowledge of the health care industry: You will learn about root causes for why our U.S. health care industry is now being reshaped to better address the controversy regarding health care cost and clinical outcomes compared to other major nations of the world.
- Data-driven decision-making: You will focus on most effective techniques to evaluate electronic medical records (EMRs), patient surveys, quality measure reports and financial data, using health care analytics tools that will support making the best leadership decisions.
- Ethical and legal responsibilities in a diverse world: You will study patient and family needs for special support considering cultural, ethnic, racial and age factors that must be given high priority when supplying personalized care.
- Professionalism: You will strengthen your communication skills and effectively present sensitive reports to key stakeholders and patients who need your support to cope with life-threatening health conditions.
Why should I study health care administration as my MBA?
- Our graduate health care administration faculty are experienced professionals who have worked in challenging industry leadership roles. With their in-depth, first-hand knowledge, our faculty offers you an excellent learning experience through mentorship and one-on-one advising.
- Our graduate health care students succeed through our continuous coaching, counseling and early intervention.
- Our entire graduate health care administration major program is built around exceeding your expectations so that you excel as you work as a leader in the industry sector of your choice.
If you have additional questions, please contact: