An MBA in Management helps you fulfill your leadership and career advancement goals.
Our MBA program in management teaches you how to lead your organization to success through effectively managing people and processes. We combine our deep ethical foundations as Chicago's oldest Catholic university with our highly-qualified professors' business knowledge and practice insights to support your career advancement and personal growth. Our AACSB accreditation is recognized worldwide and evidences the high quality of the SXU MBA in Management program.
Our program offers applied training, blends theory and practice methods for immediate implementation. Our faculty has been strategically recruited to include dedicated professors with doctorates in business and other advanced training in related fields, strong research backgrounds, and decades of practice in management, and other professional sectors such as law and accounting. With a variety of classes available, you'll be exposed to the following from your first day in the program:
- Development of your career as a life-long learner cognizant of the interactions between business and society
- A deep understanding of global business trends, which provide the foundation for astute analysis of history, present environmental scanning, and future strategic opportunities and threats
- Outstanding networking opportunities throughout Chicagoland, the US and globally
- Increased skills in accessing high-quality knowledge sources and their application to real-world business problems
- Personal improvement such as highly-confident writing, mindful reading, and perceptive analytical skills
- Leadership development focused on 21st Century economic realities
According to the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, business and financial occupations are projected to grow by 10% from 2016 to 2026. This growth is faster than the average for all occupations in the United States. (Data as of April 2019). Also, PayScale currently reports that an individual who holds a MBA degree in Change Management earns a salary in a range of $79,000 to $141,000 working in Chicago -- which is a minimum of $15,000 more a year than individuals holding only a BBA degree, who make an average $66,500!
For degree completion, you will take 15 courses (45 credit hours). All general areas of business are covered in these courses, and students may also choose from a variety of electives to fit their personal interests and aspirations.
If you have additional questions, please contact: