undergraduate Business Learning Outcomes
Saint Xavier University is dedicated to providing top-quality education that is intentionally designed to develop your skills and expertise as you prepare for the next step in your education or career. The learning outcomes reflect the specific competencies that you will gain from our program, while the curriculum map portrays how these competencies will shape and prepare you for the real world.
Business Administration Learning Outcomes
Bachelor of Business Administration Learning Outcomes
- Students have functional business knowledge.
- Students identify and apply fundamentals of the applicable core class.
- Students evaluate the financial position of an organization.
- Students conduct financial and common statistical analyses through the use of spreadsheets.
Students can employ critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Students analyze business situations using appropriate quantitative or qualitative techniques for problem solving.
- Students apply their knowledge of core business courses and strategic thinking to make appropriate business decisions.
Students understand ethical principles and social responsibility.
- Students apply an ethical framework for their managerial behavior and decisions.
- Students understand the concept of corporate social responsibility and its implications for managerial decision making.
Students effectively employ interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Students demonstrate an awareness of differing personality traits and employ collaborative team interaction skills.
- Students apply differing leadership approaches as necessary.
Students employ effective communication skills.
- Students demonstrate organization of subject knowledge in a logical manner while delivering effective oral presentations and effective written business communications.
- Students employ different writing and speaking styles based on the appropriate medium and audience.
Students have a multicultural and global perspective.
- Students recognize the global business environment and the influence of globalization on institutions and society.
- Students display an awareness of diversity within organizations and the marketplace.