B.S. in Actuarial Science
Prepare for the actuarial Science Exams
Actuaries are business professionals who manage risk. They use mathematical skills to define, analyze and solve financial and social problems, while helping organizations plan their futures and protect themselves from loss. By understanding the very nature of risk, they play a key role in the psychological, physical and financial stability of society.
To be an actuary professionals must be certified by the Society of Actuaries or the Casualty Actuarial Society. Saint Xavier University students can take these examinations while they are still in college. The Actuarial Science program at SXU offers courses that cultivate critical thinking, effective communication and collaboration to ensure students acquire the quantitative methods needed in their chosen field of study. As an Actuarial Science major, you will be developing these analytical skills, creative problem-solving approaches and the ability to logically communicate complex ideas which in turn will foster lifelong learning.
- You can write programming languages such as Java, C++ and Python and use mathematics software technology.
- You can research a mathematical topic on actuarial science and write a mathematically accurate research paper.
- You can model real-world problems mathematically and interpret results appropriately.
For more information, please review the program requirements and course descriptions in the SXU Academic Catalog.
Suggested Academic Plan
View a suggested four-year academic plan to complete your degree in four years!View
Want to know more about undergraduate programs at Saint Xavier University? Please fill out the form below!
Contact the Office of Admission
- Toll Free: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)
- Fax: 773-298-3076
- Email: admissionFREESXU
- M-F: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.