Master of Applied Computer Science (MACS)
Advance Your Career in Technology
Through 2028, careers related to a master's in computer science are forecast by the U.S. Bureau of Labors Statistics to increase in employment by an average of just over 10 percent. As a result, competition for these jobs will pick up and those possessing the in-depth technical knowledge required will stand out.
Saint Xavier University's Master of Applied Computer Science (MACS) program is here to help you further your understanding of the computing technologies that shape our world today.
1 to 2 years
36 Credit Hours
3 Start Terms
Next Start Date: August 22, 2022
Tuition Per Credit Hour: $750
Credit Hours to Complete: 36
Approximate Cost: $27,000
SXU's seven core courses in MACS provide the foundation you need for jobs in technology, while the five tracks help you dig deeper into the techniques that are currently used in target industries. All of the courses ask you to design, program and create utilizing the same skills that you will put to use in your next job.
For career changers, our three bridge courses in Programming, Networking and Database are focused on preparing you with the skills you need to succeed in the MACS foundation and specialization courses. And all graduate students will work directly with software as part of our digital labs.
While the MACS program is online only, the class sizes remain intimate and SXU's faculty are always available to ensure your success through emails, video conferences, phone calls or stopping by campus for those who can.
All students must complete the following core courses:
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Data Visualization
- TCP/IP Architecture and Protocols
- Advanced Database Topics
- Software Engineering
- Information Ethics
While a degree in computer science, computer engineering or information technology is recommended, the MACS program is designed for everyone and is tailored for career changers who are venturing into computer science. If you have a bachelor's degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution and a computer with internet access, you're ready to start.
Students who do not have a background in programming can take what they need from our three bridge courses, offered online during the summer, fall and spring semesters. These courses are substitutes for prerequisites and assure that students have the background needed to succeed in the program. Courses may be waived based on work experience in the industry.
SXU's 100-percent online classes, which allow you to continue your education around your busy schedule, will prepare you for the transition from student to professional:
- Gain the knowledge and skills you need to push your career forward and make a huge impact in exciting fields with hands-on experience through digital labs.
- Seven core courses help you build a solid foundation of topics such as networking, security, web development, data visualizations, system analysis, software engineering and information ethics before choosing a track.
- Five tracks, each uniquely designed, will provide you the experience to deepen your knowledge and expertise on a targeted concentration.
- Mentoring and support: Many of our faculty have come from industry positions in networking, software engineering and other related fields. Instructors will be there to help guide you through each step of the way, including guidance on choosing a track.
- Finish the program in 18 months or less, getting you quicker to some of the fastest-growing careers.
Want to know more about graduate programs at Saint Xavier University? Please fill out the form below!
- Email: graduateadmissionFREESXU