Financial Fraud Examination and Management Certificate
Everyday across the world, thousands of organizations (businesses, not-for-profits, and governmental agencies) are victimized by fraud and millions of individuals are victims of crimes such as identity theft. Who commits these bad acts? Why? And, how? Fraud examination and management involves the process of resolving allegations of fraud from inception to disposition.
Saint Xavier University's Financial Fraud Examination and Management Certificate can educate you on how to address these questions: who commits fraud, why and how. You'll learn relevant, real-world knowledge and skills on how to detect, identify and investigate different types of fraud as well as to construct an environment in which fraud is minimized.
Financial crime and cyber breaches are on the rise and companies are hiring professionals with specialized knowledge to combat these issues. According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, more than 75 percent of Fortune 500 companies employ Certified Fraud Examiners. Saint Xavier University's Graham School of Management is a leader in educating professionals to fight fraud, financial crime, and cyber-crime, offering a comprehensive suite of cutting-edge courses to help career-oriented students become highly specialized in these growing fields.
Students in the Financial Fraud Examination and Management program at Saint Xavier University are taught the core skills required to identify, detect, and prevent fraud schemes, including fraudulent financial reporting, misappropriation of assets, and corruption. Students also learn to develop a fraud response plan as well as effective methodology on how to properly plan and conduct a fraud investigation, building and presenting a case, and supporting it through litigation support and expert testimony techniques.
Prepare for the CFE Exam
- The Financial Fraud Examination and Management program is an educational partner with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Courses are taught by faculty who are experts in their field, including Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE), and licensed attorneys.
- Graduates of this program are employed at accounting firms, private industry, and governmental agencies such as the Chicago Police Department, FBI, CIA, and U.S. Postal Service, and other agencies at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Designed as an evening program for working professionals, it is available full-time or part-time.
- Hybrid and online options: All the classes are available online or you can combine online classes with on-campus classes.
- Designed to meet the requirements of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, this program is created to assist students in obtaining the education necessary for the CFE exam. This degree program covers the following four major sections of the professional certification offered through the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners:
- Financial Transactions and Fraud Schemes
- Fraud Prevention and Deterrence
- On Campus/Online
- 6 months to 1 year -- At your own pace
- 12 to 15* Credit Hours
6 Start TermsNext Start Date: March 16, 2020
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Meet the GSM Faculty