100% of Students
Prepared for Graduate School
Broad Employer Demand
Multipe Fields: Data Analysis, Statistics, Law, Engineering, Finance, Market Research and more
3D Printing Projects
The Mathematics Department at SXU strives to build a strong sense of community among faculty and undergraduate students in exploring the beauty and importance of mathematics. Mathematics is an integral part of a liberal arts education and is the foundation for many areas of study. Students who major in mathematics are prepared for entry into graduate schools and for entry into business and industrial positions which require a bachelor's degree in mathematics.
Our faculty members are dedicated to excellence in teaching and scholarship. The broad range of faculty research interests in mathematics and mathematics education includes: abstract algebra, applied mathematics, solitary waves theory, developmental mathematics, differential geometry, discrete mathematics, history of mathematics, numesrical analysis, probability and statistics, cryptography, combinatorics, mathematical knowledge for teaching, and processes by which mathematics teachers incorporate technology into their teaching.
- Solve problems from a variety of mathematical fields, thereby displaying a breadth of knowledge of mathematics.
- Communicate results and arguments clearly, effectively and correctly, both in writing and orally.
- Use, in an appropriate and effective manner, mathematics software and technology including graphing calculators, computer algebra systems and statistical software.
- Work as a member of a problem-solving team able to critically analyze and solve mathematical problems.
- Independently research a mathematical topic and write a mathematically accurate research paper, thereby displaying a depth of knowledge.
- Model real-world problems mathematically and interpret results appropriately.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Office of Admission
Phone: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)