The RN to BSN Option
Earn your BSN 100% Online
2.5 Required GPA
non-nursing courses needed
Complete Your BSN online
in Five Semesters
The RN to BSN online option is designed for currently licensed registered nurses who have completed an associate degree in nursing (ADN) looking to advance their education with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing. Start taking online classes in the fall, spring or summer semesters and complete the program in as few as 4-5 semesters. Courses are 100% online, scheduled in seven-week blocks, and completed one at a time, with two courses offered per semester. Designed for working nurses, the RN to BSN online courses maintain high standards in advanced education and allow you to further your education without putting your employment on hold.
If you have an associate degree (ADN) or diploma from an accredited hospital nursing program diploma and want to further your education without putting your employment on hold, enroll in our RN-to-BSN online program. Admissions are open year-round. Be a part of the SXU nursing alumni who are highly recognized nationwide.
Summer 2020 Applicants
The RN to BSN online program is accepting applicants for a 2020 summer start. Students will two required non-nursing online courses (Religion and Philosophy) in summer 2020. Online nursing courses will begin fall 2020.
Learn more about the RN to BSN program in the video below:
Courses are 100% online, scheduled in seven-week blocks (with one week in between) and completed one at a time, with two courses offered per semester.
- NURS 343 - Concepts of Professional Nursing Practice, Policy, Legal and Regulatory Issues in Nursing
- NURS 345 - Theoretical, Ethical, Cultural and Spiritual Dimensions of Nursing Care
- NURS 384 - Information Management and Technology for Patient Care
- NURS 386 - Scholary Inquiry and Principles of Evidence-Based Practice
- NURS 443 - Holistic Health Assessment
- NURS 445 - Global Health and Population-Based Nursing Care (will include health promotion and prevention)
- NURS 484 - Nursing Collaboration and Leadership for Quality Care and Patient Safety
- NURS 486 - Capstone in Nursing Practice
*6 credit hours consisting of a Religion Course and a Philosophy course are also required.*
- RELST 299 - Secial Topics:Theol Inform Healthcare
- PHIL 150 - The Examined Life
RN to MSN Option
Upon completion of your RN to BSN degree consider enrolling in the MSN program that is recognized as number one in 2018 by U.S. News & World Report. A seamless transition into a graduate nursing track at Saint Xavier University prepares you to assume leadership and advanced practice roles in this challenging and rapidly changing health care environment.
Saint Xavier University School of Nursing and Health Science's graduate nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the accrediting body of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Please review the program requirements and course descriptions in the SXU Academic Catalog for additional information.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) offerings include:
- Clinical Leadership (CL) (Online)
- Executive Leadership (EL) (Online)
- Nurse Educator (NE) (Online)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) (Online)
- MSN/MBA Dual Degree
Financial Aid Options
Also, visit the Nursing Schools Almanac website to learn more about their RN to BSN Scholarship.
Have questions about the admission process? Please contact Angela Pusateri. Have questions about the program? Please contact Lesley Podlasek.
|Angela Pusateri||Lesley Podlasek|
|Assistant Director of Transfer Admission
Office of Admission
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Want to know more about degree completion programs at Saint Xavier University? Please fill out the form below!