RN to BSN Learning Outcomes
Saint Xavier University is dedicated to providing top-quality education that is intentionally designed to develop your skills and expertise as you prepare for the next step in your education or career. The learning outcomes reflect the specific competencies that you will gain from our nursing and health sciences program, while the curriculum map portrays how these competencies will shape and prepare you for the real world.
These student learning outcomes apply for all undergraduate BSN degree programs. Students will:
- Synthesize theory and research-based knowledge from nursing and the liberal arts and sciences as a foundation for professional nursing practice.
- Demonstrate effective communication, negotiation and collaboration skills with diverse clients.
- Integrate critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, rational inquiry, problem-solving skills and creativity in professional nursing practice.
- Perform comprehensive assessment of clients using current technologies and data from organizations and health care systems.
- Utilize evidence-based practice to design, manage, evaluate and coordinate health care in diverse settings with interdisciplinary team members.
- Provide competent care that is culturally sensitive and respectful to the health care needs of diverse populations.
- Use traditional and developing methods of discovering, retrieving and managing information in nursing practice.
- Demonstrate accountability in nursing practice based on professional values of respect, caring and justice.
- Synthesize knowledge of health care delivery systems, social policies and environmental factors and their effect on clients.
- Demonstrate political awareness by participating in professional activities that affect the practice of nursing globally.
- Commit to lifelong learning and professional development.