Sports and Fitness Administration
With the ever-growing health and wellness industry, there is demand for qualified professionals to lead and administer programs to ensure quality of life. Sports and fitness administration will teach you not only the ability to manage, market and run a fitness related business but also teach you the science behind how the body works. This interdisciplinary major will help you blend both the science and business within the health and wellness field.
Human Performance Lab
BUSINESS. SPORTS, PSYCHOLOGY AND SOCIOLOGY
Courses taught by
Graham School of Management Faculty
The Sports and Fitness Administration program prepares you for a variety of careers by examining these principles:
- Planning and development
- Business and financial management
- Sales, marketing and recruitment
- Sport and fitness programming
- Facilities management and scheduling
- Risk management
- Psychological and social issues
- Many courses taught by Graham School of Business which is AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accredited programs, held by only 5% of collegiate schools of business worldwide.
- Exercise Science courses taught by experience faculty and a curriculum which is NSCA approved
- Students will be able to engage in critical thinking, conflict resolution and communication among a variety of careers
Learn more about the Sports and Fitness Administration program in the video below:
Put coursework into action with a hands-on internship at a fitness facility or other sports organization. Through the internship course at Saint Xavier, students receive college credit while gaining real-world experience that prepares them for a career.
With a degree in Sports and Fitness Administration, graduates can pursue a career in:
- General managers of fitness companies
- Marketing in sports
- Athletic Director
- Facility managers
A minor in Sports and Fitness Administration is available in 18 credit hours.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Office of Admission
Phone: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)