Admission Response to COVID-19
|Have questions about how the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation will affect your admission? See below for details on operations during this time as well as resources available to learn more about SXU. Also, be sure to review Saint Xavier University's Campus Plan for spring 2021.|
SXU is Here For You
Campus is open and students and families may visit campus by appointment.
Campus Plan for Spring 2021
For information on Saint Xavier University's plans for the fall semester, please visit our COVID-19 Campus Plan web page for details and answers to numerous frequently asked questions regarding the delivery of fall classes, and much more.
On-Campus Appointments, Tours and Virtual Visit Opportunities
On-Campus Appointments and/or Campus Tours
ATTENTION: Due to the City of Chicago's Emergency Travel Order we ask guests from impacted states to defer their visit to campus until such time when the emergency travel order is lifted for their respective state. Residents of Illinois or other states who travel to states covered by the order are asked to defer their visit to campus until they have fulfilled the mandated 14-day quarantine.
To schedule an on-campus appointment with an admission counselor and/or a campus tour, please submit our Campus Visit Registration Form. PLEASE NOTE:
- All guests will be required to submit an Informed Consent for Visitors Form 24 hours prior to the scheduled visit appointment. Details will be sent by email after scheduling a visit.
- Due to social distancing guidelines and space constraints, prospective students may bring no more than two guests to the on-campus appointment and/or tour.
- Small group tours may include multiple families but will be limited to no more than 10 people.
- Masks are required while on campus.
- Visitors to the Office of Admission should park in Parking Lot 11.
- For the safety of staff and guests, ample hand sanitizer stations are located near the Office of Admission and throughout campus. Restrooms are located nearby, and frequent hand washing is encouraged. Floor markings in the Office of Admission help guide a safe flow of foot traffic within the office.
To meet with an admission counselor by phone or Zoom, please complete our Phone Appointment Request Form or call the Office of Admission at 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798).
Virtual Visit Opportunities
Check out our Virtual Visits page for virtual visit sessions, a video campus tour, videos of student life, academics and presentations on the SXU experience.
Test-Blind Admission Policy for Fall 2021 Freshman Applicants
Due to COVID-19's significant disruption on students' ability to take the ACT or SAT exam, SXU has announced a test-blind admission policy for freshmen applying for the fall 2021 semester. This means that the ACT or SAT are not required for fall 2021 applicants and will not be used in admission decisions or for calculating merit scholarships, with some exceptions. For additional details, we encourage you to visit our No Test Required Admission Policy page.
Interact with us on social media!
- SXU Office of Admission Instagram - @sxuadmission
- SXU Office of Admission Twitter - @sxuadmission
- Saint Xavier University YouTube - xavs1846
- Saint Xavier University Facebook - @stxavieruniversity
Why Choose SXU?
- Please review our recent accolades as well as SXU at a Glance for quick facts and rankings.
- We encourage you to visit the following pages to learn more about the features and benefits of an SXU education and the services available to help students be successful college students, graduates and career professionals.
Office of Admission
Phone: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)
See our Important Contacts lists for phone and email information for other student service offices, such as the Office of Financial Aid.