Next Steps for Admitted Students
Welcome to SXU! We are excited that you have chosen Saint Xavier University to continue your education, and we look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
Freshmen and Transfer Students: If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admission at 773-298-3050.
Graduate Students: If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Admission at 773-298-3053.
- Experience SXU: Visit Campus or Attend an Admitted Student Event: Be our guest and schedule a visit to campus or attend an event. For a list of events and campus visit opportunities, check out our Visit SXU page.
- File for Your Financial Aid: In addition to your merit scholarship, you may be eligible for additional state, federal or institutional need-based aid. To determine your eligibility, file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after October 1, 2016. Our school code is 001768. It is highly encouraged to file by the priority date of November 15. If you need help filing out your FAFSA, call the Office of Admission at 773-298-3050.
- Say "Yes" to SXU! Submit Your Tuition Deposit: To reserve your place at Saint Xavier, submit your $100 tuition deposit. This deposit confirms you will be attending Saint Xavier and is a credit toward tuition charges. Deposits are refundable until May 1.
- Live in the Center of it All -- Submit your Housing Contract and Deposit: To secure your campus housing, be sure to submit your $150 housing deposit and contract online.
- Register for First-Year Orientation (Via): Our new student orientation program (Via) is a two-day summer orientation designed to provide a smooth transition to SXU. Attendance at Via is required for all First-Year students. Visit the Via Orientation website for more information.
- Send Your Final High School Transcript: Once you have graduated, be sure to send an official final high school transcript to the Office of Admission.
For those students who have been admitted to Saint Xavier University, congratulations! We are excited to welcome you to the SXU community. Here are your next steps:
- Contact advising at 773-298-3501: All students admitted to SXU must first meet with an advisor to determine what classes have transferred in and what courses you would still need to take to complete your Bachelor's degree. As soon as you are admitted contact advising to schedule this appointment. Appointments over the phone are also offered.
- File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid): File for federal, state and institutional financial aid through the FAFSA website. If you have already filed your FAFSA, simply login and add SXU's school code (001768) so that we can receive your results.
- Submit your Tuition Deposit: Once you have been admitted, students are advised to submit a $100 tuition deposit to guarantee their spot in their courses for the upcoming semester. This deposit would go towards your tuition and guarantees your admission to SXU.
Congratulations on being admitted to a Saint Xavier University Graduate Program! We are excited to welcome you to the SXU community. Here are your next steps:
- If you have not yet received your formal letter of admission containing next steps, you will very soon. Please refer to your letter for instructions.
- If you would like to apply for the Graduate Stafford Loan, please do so via the FAFSA website. SXU's school code: 001768.
- Please review the Graduate New Student Resource Guide.
- "Follow" our Office of Graduate Admission Facebook page.