Transfer and Adult Application Process
Saint Xavier University's undergraduate admission application may be submitted online or a paper application can be sent to the Office of Admission. Applying online requires no application fee.
Transfer and adult students must submit the following for all majors beside nursing (nursing students should refer to the Transferring to Nursing web page):
- a completed application for admission;
- an official transcript* from each college/university attended (a high school transcript and ACT/SAT score are also required if fewer than 30 college credits have been completed)
- a personal essay (optional)
*Options for official transcript submission:
- Paper transcripts can be accepted as official provided they are either mailed or personally delivered to the Office of Admission in the original, sealed envelope from the school.
- Electronic transcripts can be accepted as official provided they are emailed directly from the school or are submitted via an electronic transcript service to email@example.com.
Saint Xavier University and the Office of Admission offer eXpress Admission for transfer and adult students who meet minimum admission requirements for their chosen major (nursing students do not qualify).
Students can make an appointment by calling our office at 773-298-3050, filling out the Visit SXU form (put eXpress admission in the comments section), or simply walk into the Office of Admission, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To qualify for eXpress Admission, students will have to provide the following information:
Official transcripts from all colleges attended. If you have attended multiple schools, you must provide transcripts from every school. High school transcripts will also be required for students with less than 30 college credit hours. Students must meet admission requirements for their chosen major.
Once we have all the documents necessary, an admission counselor will review your file for an admission decision. If you can be admitted, we will also determine if you qualify for a merit scholarship and walk you through your next steps to enroll.
Former Saint Xavier University Student Readmission
Former students looking to return to Saint Xavier University after taking more than one semester off, excluding summer terms, have different requirements they must complete in order to be considered for readmission. Listed below are several categories that students may fall under. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admission at 773-298-3050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students Returning After One Semester
Students who fall under this category, and have not been academically dismissed from the university, do not have to fill out an application for readmission. These students can contact the Office of Records and Advising or their advisor and schedule an advising appointment to register for classes for the upcoming semester. Students are advised to send in official transcripts from any school they attended after leaving Saint Xavier University for the prior semester.
Students Returning After More Than One Semester
Admitted undergraduate students who left Saint Xavier University in good academic standing and interrupt their college work for two semesters or more (excluding summer terms) must follow the steps below to reactivate their admission.
- Fill out the application for readmission (PDF)
- Send in official transcripts from any schools attended after leaving SXU