City Colleges of Chicago and Saint Xavier University Guaranteed Admission Agreement
Why is this partnership between City Colleges of Chicago and Saint Xavier University meaningful and beneficial?
Saint Xavier University (SXU) and the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) are thrilled to offer a Guaranteed Admission Agreement. Both institutions see this as a means of increasing access to and success in educational programs for all students and especially underrepresented students.
What can CCC students expect to benefit from as a result of this partnership?
Not only do SXU-bound CCC students receive the opportunity to earn two degrees -- an associate degree from CCC and a bachelor's degree from SXU -- but they conveniently receive on-campus access to SXU transfer resources and support hosted on each City College site to facilitate college retention and transition to SXU.
SXU-bound CCC students who qualify can also partake in the following:
- Students who earn a minimum 3.75 cumulative GPA are eligible to apply to SXU's Honors Program.
- CCC students who complete an associate degree and have a 2.0 or higher GPA will be given every consideration for financial assistance and be eligible for one or more scholarships at SXU, including the SXU Chicago Star Scholarship.
- CCC students will be invited to special events and workshops in support of their college transition and academic success.
- For SXU undergraduate students planning to pursue SXU's graduate Speech-Language Pathology program, SXU offers students a direct admission process.
How will SXU prepare CCC students for success?
The Saint Xavier University Transfer Services Center and the Office of Admission are both committed to the academic success of all transfer students and look forward to the new partnership with City Colleges of Chicago and creating a seamless transition for all CCC transfer students.
To further prepare students, SXU will:
- Create clear and concise transfer guides for students to follow to guarantee a smooth transition to SXU, which will include mapping out a suggested eight-semester plan for students hoping to graduate with a bachelor's degree in four years.
- Arrange faculty meetings for CCC students who have questions regarding the major.
- Connect CCC students with SXU financial aid counselors prior to transferring to SXU for a better understanding on how to finance their education.
- Guide CCC students about the transfer process, which starts with the CCC student applying at least one semester out. With the Guaranteed Admission Agreement, the student will work with an SXU contact person early on by offering financial counseling, dual advising and the benefit of guaranteed admissions.
Any questions regarding this partnership may be addressed to Eileen Luce, director of the Transfer Student Services Center, at email@example.com.
To participate in the CCC/SXU Guaranteed Admission Agreement:
To take full advantage of this agreement, interested students at the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) should complete the Guaranteed Admission Participation Form as early as possible in their studies at CCC. Details and instructions are listed on the form.