The Office of Alumni and Parent Relations invites the SXU community -- students, alumni, staff and faculty -- to participate in a variety of community outreach projects with S.T.A.T. (the Service Through Action Team).
This past academic year (2012-2013) S.T.A.T. volunteers have
- visited the Chicago Food Depository and spent an evening repackaging more than 11,600 pounds of potatoes for families in need.
- joined forces with Campus Ministry for a "Holiday Harvest" food drive collecting non-perishible items for Catholic Charities.
- organized two brown bag lunch projects which (due to the generosity of the University community) netted nearly 1,000 lunches for local shelters.
- maintained a vegetable garden at the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations throughout the summer months. Produce grown was donated to community shelters.
- taken over the intersection at 95th and Cicero to help raise funds for Misericordia Heart of Mercy
Since its inception in 2008, S.T.A.T. has made nearly 6,500 lunches.
To become involved with S.T.A.T or to make a donation, please contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations at 773-298-3316 or email@example.com.