Virtual View Venue Profile
Attend the College-to-Career Expo and connect with employers and organizations recruiting for pre-professional, professional and educational experiences including internships, volunteer experiences, graduate and professional school opportunities as well as part-time and full-time jobs.
For more information and to register, visit Handshake.
Registration information for the College-to-Career Expo including pricing can be found by through our career management system, Handshake. Organizations without an account will be prompted to create one. Employers can use this account to manage their event registration and pay event invoices, connect with SXU students, post positions, and advertise recruiting events.
Student Tips for Attending
SXU's College-to-Career Expos are a convenient way to network with a number of employers at one time. These events allow you to establish connections with recruiters in ways that your resume might not. Here are a few helpful tips to make the most of our Expos:
- Research companies of interest prior to attending the event
- Dress professionally to make a great first impression
- Be sure to have an updated resume available
- Take notes
- Send follow-up correspondence to employers, e.g. thank you, after the expo and connect with individuals on LinkedIn
- Be open minded and visit unfamiliar organizations or employers typically outside your industry
- Have some questions prepared to ask employers of interest (do not ask about salary or benefits)
- Prepare an elevator speech and exude confidence and enthusiasm when introducing yourself to an employer
For more information about preparing for the College-to-Career Expo such as perfecting your elevator speech, please review the Academic and Career Resource Guide. You may also schedule an appointment with an Academic and Career Resource Advisor via Handshake.
To access a list of attending participants for our College-to-Career Expos, please log into Handshake and access the College-to-Career Expo page under Events.
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Contact:The Center for SUCCESS
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend