Saint Xavier University View Directions to the Venue View Venue Weather View Venue Profile
Chicago, IL 60655
This training event is open to students, staff and faculty. Individuals must attend the full session to receive the SXU Safe Zone Ally certificate and recognition.
By participating in this program, allies will be able to:
- Identify various subcommunities and subcultures within the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Articulate the differences between sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.
- Comprehend core vocabulary and inclusive language to engage in sensitive dialogue with LGBTQIA+ persons.
- Recognize their own identity, biases and privileges and understand the effects of privilege and oppression on LGBTQIA+ individuals.
- Refer individuals to available support resources on-campus and in the community.
- Recognize opportunities for learning and growth as an ally.
RSVP on The Den.
Thursday, January 13, 2022
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend