The MBA in Accounting Management exposes students to a broad variety of business courses in management, marketing, finance, and economics, as well as providing an in-depth understanding of contemporary accountancy practice. Further, the MBA in Accounting Management program is inspired by the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy. Our faculty and programming work together to educate students for competency, character, and career success in accountancy. We strive to produce graduates whom are successful, compassionate, and ethical.
Driven by the Mercy mission, the MBA in Accounting Management offers students the skills and knowledge required to manage individuals in accounting functions as well as providing technical and professional skills vital to students on the path to the Certified Public Accountant credential. Whether you choose to sit for the Certified Public Accounting Examination or to enhance, or to change, your career path, our specializations will provide you with leading-edge accountancy skills that contribute to the common good.
Core MBA courses plus:
- ACCT 521: Accounting Analytics and Revenue
- ACCT 550: Cost and Profitability Management
- ACCT 564: Accounting Information Systems
And one (1) elective from:
- ACCT 513: Identity Theft and Computer Related Fraud
- ACCT 514: Financial Statement Fraud
- ACCT 515: Fraud Examination
- ACCT 562: Information System Security
- ACCT 563: Advanced Topics in Taxation and Regulation