The Graham School of Management offers a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance Fast-Track degree, which is a degree completion program. This accelerated program was designed with the adult student in mind. Students will be able to complete this degree in significantly less time than the traditional calendar. The program assumes students will have already completed an associate degree or its equivalent. Students participating in this program must meet the same program requirements and adhere to the same policy requirements listed for Graham School of Management students.
General Education Transfer Policy
All transfer students must take ACSU 101: Transfer Student Orientation. It is a one-on-one orientation, for no cost and carries zero credit hours. This is a graduation requirement for transfer students.
Transfer students with fewer than 30 hours
All requirements of the general education curriculum.
Transfer students with more than 30 hours
Students who have completed the Illinois Articulation Initiative General Education Core Curriculum (IAI/GECC) requirements (37-41 hours) must take the courses identified below. Students meeting this requirement can complete the BBA Fast-Track Program in less than two years in the online program. The following additional mission-based courses must be taken at SXU in order to fulfill their general education requirements:
- Philosophy 150: The Examined Life
- One religious studies course
Students have the opportunity to qualify for SXU's IAI/GECC Articulation Agreement as long as the majority of the general education core has been met prior to transferring. Any remaining general education courses may be taken from Saint Xavier University. All other transfer students will be evaluated on an individual basis in terms of SXU general education requirements.
To receive a BBA in Finance Fast-Track degree, students must successfully complete 120 hours of study that include the following:
Business Prerequisites (22-23 credit hours)
- BANA 250: Excel for Business (1)
- ECON 200: Principles of Economics (Macro) (3)
- ECON 201: Principles of Economics (Micro) (3)
- ACCT 210: Financial Accounting (3)
- ACCT 211: Managerial Accounting (3)
- ACCT 220: Business Law I OR MGMT 223: Legal Environment of Business (3)
- MATH 131: Finite Mathematics (3)
- MATH 135: Introduction to Statistics (4)
Business Core Requirements (24 credit hours)
- BANA 320: Operations Production and Technology Management (3)
- ENGL 224: Professional Writing and Communication (3)
- FINC 300: Principles of Finance (3)
- MGMT 370: Organizational Behavior (3)
- MGMT 340: International Business (3)
- MGMT 380: Business, Ethics and Society (3)
- MGMT 390: Business Strategy (3)
- MKTG 300: Principles of Marketing (3)
Finance Concentration Requirements (15 credit hours)
In order to complete their requirements, fast-track business students must complete the five finance classes below:
- FINC 310: Money and Banking (3)
- FINC 320: Investment Portfolio Analysis (3)
- FINC 330: International Finance (3)
- FINC 340: Advanced Corporate Finance (3)
- FINC 350: Futures and Options (3)
Fast-track business students can take electives to complete the rest of the 120 credit hours.
For course descriptions, consult the Academic Catalog's Course Descriptions.