Care Team

Care Team FAQs

Below are the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Care Team. For questions not answered below, please call the Dean of Students Office at 773-298-3121.

Who can contact the Care Team?

Anyone -- staff, faculty, student or parent -- who has a concern about the well-being of an SXU student.

What can be reported to the Care Team?

Types of Concerns

  • Academic concern
  • Concerning behavior
  • Extended or excessive absence
  • Family issues
  • Financial concern
  • Medical concern
  • Personal issues
  • Psychological concern
  • Relationship issues
  • Social/Developmental concerns
  • Substance issues (alcohol/drugs)
  • Other

Specific Behaviors

  • A conversation that indications a level of distress in the student
  • Bizarre/disjointed thoughts
  • Death of a loved one
  • Depressed/persistent sadness/unexplained crying
  • Display or use of a weapon
  • Disruptive classroom behavior
  • Disturbing written material/class discussion
  • Domestic violence
  • Drugs or alcohol use
  • Excessive anxiety
  • Extreme mood swings
  • Food insecure/housing concern
  • Health concern
  • Inappropriate display of anger/negative emotions
  • Intimidation
  • Medical issue
  • Mental health concern
  • Personal Issue
  • Physical attack
  • Recent traumatic event
  • Self-Injurious Behaviors
  • Serious illness of a loved one
  • Sexual Misconduct
  • Significant change in appearance/behavior
  • Stalking/cyber-stalking
  • Suicidal ideation
  • Unusual behavior
  • Unusual/changed eating behaviors
  • Any other issue that causes you concern (please specify)

What can I expect when I submit a report?

  • A response in 1-2 business days*
  • Consultation with appropriate University staff
  • Knowledge that your concern will be brought to appropriate members of the team and a plan for follow-up will be created

Please Note: In most situations the Care Team may not be able to provide detailed follow-up information to the reporting person. Information is shared on a need-to-know basis.

What if the student needs assistance sooner?

If there is an immediate threat to a student (either through self-harm or interpersonal violence) or the community, please call Public Safety at 773-298-3911 or call 911. If you believe a student is in emotional distress, you may call the Counseling Center at 773-298-3131.

File a Care Team Report

Please review the Reporting Options for further information.

To submit a report to the Care Team, please use the button below.

CARE Team Report