CPR Instruction for Healthcare Providers – September 16
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare provider's course is to train participants to save lives of victims in cardiac arrest through high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). The American Heart Association designed the course to prepare healthcare professionals to know how to perform CPR in both in-and out-of-hospital settings. You will be trained to promptly recognize cardiac arrest, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations, clear airway obstructions, and provide early use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) as part of a team and individually. The course also covers rescue techniques for adult, child, and infants.
Friday, September 16, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
To Register: Call the Health Center at 773-298-3712 or register in-person during regular business hours. The cost is $40* for SXU students, employees and alumni; $50* for community members. This includes the required study guide, BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual. Payment is required in-full at the time of the reservation/book pick-up; we accept cash, check, or credit card.*
Where: Classes are held in CMC 107 (parking lot 5)
- Present a picture I.D. on the day of training;
- Bring your copy of the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual to the training. This book will be picked up at the time of your reservation, no less than 48 hours before class;
- Review the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual before coming to class; you will learn more, will be more comfortable with the course material and will be prepared for the written exam;
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. You will be practicing skills that require working on your hands and knees, bending, standing, and lifting. Arrive 15 minutes early for check-in.
Thank you for choosing the SXU Health Center as your CPR training provider, we look forward to seeing you there!
* This fee is non-refundable for cancellations with less than 48 hours' notice and no shows; however you would be eligible to register for another class at a reduced rate of $25.