SXU's Meg Carroll presents at conference and to local school staff
Saint Xavier University (SXU) School of Education (SOE) Professor Meg Carroll, Ed.D., has been busy with presenting at various conferences and schools in the Chicagoland area:
- On Saturday, November 5, Prof. Carroll presented at the ACCA Scholarship of Pedagogy Symposium in Joliet. Her presentation was entitled, "Videos in Assessments on Learning Management Systems," which focused on the use of video clips in test items in online assessments.
- On Tuesday, November 8, she provided professional development to teachers and paraprofessionals in School District 150 in Matteson. Her presentation was entitled, "Characteristics of Students with Disabilities and Effective Instructional Strategies."
- On Wednesday, November 9, Prof. Carroll met with parents of students at Saint Therese Chinese School to discuss study skills and organizational strategies.
- On Monday, November 21, she presented "Using Anchor Activities as Part of Differentiating Instruction" to the teachers of Saint Helen Elementary School in Ukrainian Village.
- On Tuesday, November 22, Prof. Carroll offered a full-day workshop, "What Does A High Quality Student-Centered Teacher Look Like?" for the faculty of Saint Walter Elementary School.
- On Monday, November 28, she met with the paraprofessionals at Palos South Middle school and presented, "Being a Paraprofessional at the Middle School Level."