Shannon Center Weekly Nutrition Tip – Back-to-School Prep
Well, it's that time of year again…back to school time! The time where teachers are weeping and (most) parents (me) are rejoicing!
I'm sure most parents by now are deep in the trenches buying new school supplies, clothes and shoes for the upcoming school year; (Insert sound of a cash register here) but, don't forget about getting prepped and ready for school lunches as well.
Here are some great products, services, books and blogs I recommend to get to ready for the upcoming school year:
- Not only do your kids need a lunchbox, think about purchasing some environment friendly lunch containers such as Bento Boxes, Easy Lunches boxes or products from MightyNest (see #2). These containers are super easy to clean, and you don't have to worry about running out of (non-recycling friendly) plastic bags.
- MightyNest is a GREAT company for many reasons. One, it sells fantastic environment friendly, BPA free products for your kids (lunch boxes, containers, washable sandwich bags, etc.), and donates some of their proceeds to a school of your choice! Win Win! Check them out here!
- Blogs and newsletters to follow:
- Devine Nutrition on the Run blog and newsletter… 'nuff said.
- MOMables – by far one of my favorite companies. Founder of Momables sends out an amazing weekly newsletter with lunch ideas for your kids and just published her first book, "The Best Homemade Kids Lunches on the Planet" (awaiting my copy as I type)!
- Another great blog to follow as well is @LunchBox Dad… great lunch ideas, giveaways and more!
- Last but not least, Kids Eat Right (in initiative by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) is a great resource for parents, teachers and kids!
Need help getting on the right track? Back-to-school nutrition checkups are back once again!
A 45-minute home visit includes:
- Help with school lunches
- Quick and easy meal ideas
- Your favorite meal makeovers
- New product suggestions
- Send me an email to schedule your in-home family session and pricing details!
Hope some of these resources can be of help to you this school year! Cheers to a healthy 2016 – 2017 school year!
Kelly Devine Rickert
President, Devine Nutrition Inc.