Shannon Center Weekly Nutrition Tip – Get on track post-holiday eating!
Did you overindulge during the Easter holiday? Below are some tips to get you back on track!
- Limit yourself to one small treat a day
- Increase the water! Most post-holiday weight gain is from excess carbs and salt so drink up to help flush your system! Aim for at least 64 oz. a day, more if you are working out.
- Get a moving! Below are some quick ways to burn 100 kcals.
Ways to burn 100 calories:
- 15 minutes of an aerobics class;
- Elliptical machine (arms and legs) for 12 minutes;
- Walking or running one mile;
- Biking for 20 minutes;
- 20 minutes of yard work;
- Life weights for 20-30 minutes;
- Playing tennis for 20 minutes;
- Play Wii boxing or tennis for 20 minutes;
- Swim laps for 12 minutes;
- Running Stairs for six minutes;
- Yoga for 20 minutes;
- Jump rope for nine minutes;
- Dance class (or just dance!) for nine minutes;
- Cleaning the house for 30 minutes.