SXU plans events for National Week of Action
Saint Xavier University (SXU) encourages its students to take a stand for what they believe in. This week, during the National Week of Action, students will have the opportunity to advocate for survivors of domestic violence. All are welcome to support the cause and educate themselves on this issue. Following is a list of events for the week:
Monday, October 16: Media Monday
- Join SXU from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Diner to promote Tech Safety App and follow SXC social media accounts to view the #31n31 campaign on Beyond the Buzzwords!
Tuesday, October 17: Twitter Chat Tuesday
- Follow the bilingual (English and Spanish) discussion on Twitter from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Diner, discussing #Safety4Survivors. Visit the SXC Diner table for handouts and more information!
Wednesday, October 18: Write-In Wednesday
- What will you say "No more!" to? Come to the Diner from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to learn about the NO MORE Campaign and write why you will say "No more!" to domestic violence.
Thursday, October 19: #PurpleThursday
- Wear purple all day to show your support for ending domestic violence. Take pictures with the entire SXU community at 1 p.m. in the Shannon Center and share them using #SXUGoesPurple and #PurpleThursday to show your support nationally!
- The School of Nursing is hosting a panel discussion to examine intimate partner violence (IPV), which describes the physical, sexual or psychological harm caused by a current or former partner or spouse. Moderated by Charles W. Dahm, O.P., Chicago Archdiocesan director of Domestic Violence Outreach, St. Pius V Parish, this Scholarly Conversation promises to be an informative and compassionate discussion.
For more information or questions, please contact the Office of Student Life at 773-298-3974.