White Sox and Saint Xavier University Honor Chicago’s First Responders With Special Ticket Offer
The Chicago White Sox and Saint Xavier University (SXU) salute active members of the Chicago Fire Department and Chicago Police Department for their courage and service with a special offer of two complimentary tickets to 13 select games from April to June in the 2017 baseball season.
This is the sixth consecutive year that the team has provided tickets to police officers and the fifth season that the offer has been extended to Chicago firefighters. Since the program's inception, the White Sox have provided department members and their families more than 81,000 game tickets, including 15,000 tickets in 2016. While this is SXU's first year partnering on this ticket initiative, SXU collaborates with the Chicago Police Department Education and Training Division to offer accelerated undergraduate degree completion programs and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
"Saint Xavier University celebrates a 20-year educational partnership with the City of Chicago and Chicago Police Department in 2017," said Dr. Kathleen Alaimo, Saint Xavier University provost. "We wanted to show our appreciation to our brave Chicago police officers and firefighters with this small token."
"Saint Xavier University is a long-time partner who has shared our commitment to giving back to our first responders who give our city so much every day. SXU has a tremendous relationship with the Chicago Police Department through its undergraduate and graduate programs, allowing working professionals to continue their education," said Brooks Boyer, White Sox senior vice president of sales and marketing. "We are proud to team up with SXU to honor the extraordinary men and women who proudly serve the great city of Chicago."
Each member of the Chicago Fire and Police Departments can redeem the two tickets, beginning Monday, March 13, at the Guaranteed Rate Field Ticket Office (open Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on non-game days). Firefighters and officers are required to show their department identification and badge in order to claim the tickets. The deadline to redeem is 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19.
The offer includes the following games in April through June:
- Tuesday, April 5 vs. Detroit at 1:10 p.m.
- Friday, April 7 vs. Minnesota at 7:10 p.m. – Opening Weekend
- Sunday, April 9 vs. Minnesota at 1:10 p.m. – Kids Opening Day and Family Sunday presented by Coca-Cola
- Friday, April 21 vs. Cleveland at 7:10 p.m. – MLB Network White Sox tote bag and fireworks (first 20,000 fans)
- Tuesday, April 25 vs. Kansas City at 7:10 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 26 vs. Kansas City at 1:10 p.m. – Weather Day presented by WGN
- Tuesday, May 9 vs. Minnesota at 7:10 p.m.
- Thursday, May 11 vs. Minnesota at 7:10 p.m. – Free T-Shirt Thursday presented by the Village of Bedford Park (first 10,000 fans)
- Friday, May 12 vs. San Diego at 7:10 p.m. – Italian Heritage Night and Fireworks presented by Beggars Pizza
- Sunday, May 14 vs. San Diego at 1:10 p.m. – Family Sunday presented by Coca-Cola
- Monday, June 12 vs. Baltimore at 7:10 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 14 vs. Baltimore at 7:10 p.m.
- Friday, June 23 vs. Oakland at 7:10 p.m. – Country Music Night and Fireworks presented by Coca-Cola
Tickets are subject to availability.