Shannon Center holds six-week fitness challenge
A new year brings new possibilities. What better time to challenge yourself to commit to a fitness goal? The Step Up to Shape Up fitness challenge is going to be back in session at Saint Xavier University (SXU) for the new year. The concept is simple; each week, participants will complete assigned exercises in order to advance to the next week's goals. Are you up for the challenge?
SXU's Shannon Center has held this program for 14 years and this year, it will run from Monday, January 29 through Sunday, March 4. Step Up to Shape Up is open to people of all fitness levels.
The challenge is designed to be self-motivated for individuals and relies on the honor system. Upon completion, participants will receive a special Step Up to Shape Up t-shirt. The cost of the fitness challenge is $15 per person and can be paid at the time of registration.
The rules are as follows:
- The exercises are specifically designed to help you meet your summer fitness goals. The challenge will incorporate both cardio and strength training workouts.
- Weekly schedules will be available online and sent via email. Copies will also be available at the Shannon Center front desk.
- Participants are allowed to complete their exercises at their desired location (Shannon Center, outdoors, on vacation, etc.).
- Participants are required to track progress online; all participants will be given a password upon registration.
- Login online to track your progress every Monday by 7 p.m. Participants must complete each week's exercises to advance to the next week.
Registration for Step Up to Shape Up begins Monday, January 15. Those interested can register in person at the Shannon Center front desk, or by email to Jennifer Quinlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the fitness challenge program or schedule, please visit Shannon Center section of SXU's website.