White Sox and Saint Xavier University Honor Chicago's First Responders
The Chicago White Sox and Saint Xavier University (SXU) salute active members of the Chicago Fire Department and Chicago Police Department for their courage and service with a special offer of two complimentary tickets to 13 select home games during the 2018 baseball season.
This is the seventh consecutive year that the team has provided tickets to police officers and the sixth season that the offer has been extended to Chicago firefighters. Since the program's inception, the White Sox have provided department members and their families nearly 89,000 game tickets, including more than 7,600 tickets in 2017. This is SXU's second year partnering on this ticket initiative. In addition, SXU collaborates with the Chicago Police Department Education and Training Division to offer accelerated undergraduate degree completion programs and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
"Saint Xavier University celebrates a 21-year educational partnership with the City of Chicago and Chicago Police Department in 2018," said Dr. E. Suzanne Lee, Saint Xavier University interim provost. "We wanted to show our appreciation to our brave Chicago police officers and firefighters with this small token."
"We are proud to team up with Saint Xavier University for the second consecutive year of honoring the extraordinary men and women who proudly serve the City of Chicago day in and day out," said Brooks Boyer, White Sox senior vice president of sales and marketing. "Together, we are committed to giving back to our first responders whose courage and devotion protect the great city we call home."
The offer includes the following games:
- Friday, April 20 vs. Houston at 7:10 p.m. -- MLB Network White Sox Tote Bag and fireworks (first 20,000 fans)
- Monday, April 23 vs. Seattle at 7:10 p.m. -- Dog Day and White Sox Wall Calendar (all fans)
- Tuesday, April 24 vs. Seattle at 4:10 p.m. -- White Sox Wall Calendar (all fans)
- Friday, May 4 vs. Minnesota at 7:10 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 8 vs. Pittsburgh at 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday, May 19 vs. Texas at 6:10 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 22 vs. Baltimore at 7:10 p.m.
- Monday, June 11 vs. Cleveland at 7:10 p.m.
- Friday, June 15 vs. Detroit at 7:10 p.m. -- Mullet Night and fireworks, presented by Great Clips
- Friday, June 22 vs. Oakland at 7:10 p.m. -- Beatles Night
- Monday, June 26 vs. Minnesota at 7:10 p.m.
Each member of the Chicago Fire and Police Departments can redeem two tickets, beginning at 10 a.m. on Monday, March 5 at the Guaranteed Rate Field Ticket Office. Firefighters and officers will be required to show their department identification and badge in order to claim the tickets. Tickets may be redeemed on non-game days at the ticket office Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. The deadline to redeem is 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 16. Tickets are subject to availability.